If you’ve been weighing the pros and cons of moving an aging family member to an independent living facility, it’s important to highlight some of the recent facts and figures that have come to light:
* As of 2016, nearly one million retirees live in some type of independent living community.
* By the year 2022, more than 2.5 million senior citizens will make the shift to a retirement home.
* Over the next 25 years, the population of 75 year-olds will triple, which is why many industry professionals are stating that, “75 is the new 65”.
* Contrary to popular belief, three out of every four independent living residents willingly make the shift from their homes to a reputable facility.
* Presently, approximately nine in every 10 residents rate their contentment as either good or exceptional, and almost 80% would recommend their current accommodation to another retiree.
Making the Move
As you can see by now, there is a certain inevitability and eventuality associated with moving to a senior care center, which is why it’s so important to begin planning for the future as soon as possible. To do this, you’ll want to partner with a reputable late-life consulting team, such as Oasis Senior Advisors – Fairfield County, and avail yourself of their free-of-charge placement service:
* Identify your beloved elder’s lifestyle inclinations, medical needs, and ideal location.
* Evaluate all of the local facilities that cater to independent living in Fairfield County, CT and highlight the top-rated options.
* Facilitate several site visits and guided walkthroughs.
* Work with your advisor to complete the enrolment paperwork and move-in process.
The Benefits of Independent Living
If you help your aging family member make the move to an independent living center, he or she will be able to enjoy a myriad of advantages:
* An autonomous, self-guided lifestyle
* Well-furnished accommodations that come with a kitchen, full bathroom, and contemporary trimmings
* Professional medical assistance available on demand
* Housekeeping, maintenance, meal prep, and onsite social events are included
In as little as two or three meetings with a knowledgeable advisor, you’ll be able to facilitate the entire placement process and finally obtain peace of mind for the whole family. You can also like them on Facebook for more information.
Be the first to like.