When it comes to the search for the right memory care facility for your senior, questions about services and costs often come to mind. The truth is that memory care facilities offer a wide range of services, some of which may be more important to your loved one than others.
If you are considering the placement of your loved one into memory care, it’s important to understand the different options available to you. Memory care advisors in Fairfax, VA can help in your search and decision-making process by offering honest guidance and recommendations based on your needs.
Questions to Ask Before Making a Memory Care Community Choice
Memory care advisors will not only help you find facilities that well with your budget but also ask the right types of questions to ensure quality care, such as:
* What level and types of care does the community offer?
* What is the community structure – semi-private rooms, private rooms, etc.?
* What does the monthly rate for care and housing include?
* What kind of training does the staff receive?
* What level of personal care and assistance should residents expect?
* What policies are in place for handling emergencies?
* Is the community secured?
* What types of meals are provided? Are special needs and dietary requests accommodated?
* How frequently are laundry services and housekeeping provided?
* What kinds of activities are offered, such as physical therapy, exercise, and other social activities?
* What accommodations are made for other special care needs such as mobility issues, wandering, diabetic care, and physical aggressiveness?
* Does the facility group residents by cognitive level?
* How is the resident’s well-being communicated with the family?
* What is the facility’s discharge policy?
Oasis Senior Advisors – Fairfax County can help answer critical questions about the placement of your loved one. Get in touch with qualified and experienced memory care advisors today to learn more. You can also like them on Facebook for more information.
Be the first to like.