Most everyone would like to have beautifully straight teeth that make their smile look attractive. When there are problems with the alignment of the teeth, the function of the smile and its appearance can be compromised. It is imperative individuals know when they need to see an orthodontist in Indianapolis IN. With orthodontic care, individuals can find their smile is more beautiful and functional.
Signs an Orthodontist Is Needed
There are multiple signs that should alert a person they need to schedule a consultation appointment with the orthodontist in Indianapolis IN. Alignment issues can cause a range of symptoms, including the following.
- If a person has an overbite or underbite, this means their teeth do not align as they should. This problem not only causes self-confidence issues, but it can also lead to uneven wearing of the teeth. This issue can be corrected with braces.
- An open bite is an even more serious problem. This occurs when the top and bottom teeth do not meet, leaving the bite with an opening. An open bite makes it more difficult to chew foods.
- A crossbite occurs when the sides of the jaws do not align as they should. When the teeth are not aligned on the sides, this issue will often lead to uneven wearing of the teeth which can cause a great deal of pain.
- Individuals who have trouble being able to pronounce certain words may have issues an orthodontist can correct. The alignment of the teeth and jaws plays an important role in speech.
- Overcrowding is a common problem that can often be remedied with orthodontic intervention. Overcrowding can lead to problems with chewing, cheek injuries, and uneven wearing of the teeth.
- Large gaps between the teeth can often be treated with orthodontic treatments. These treatments help to close the gaps and make the smile look and function much better.
Discover More Information
If you are dealing with any of the above, you can contact us. With a consultation appointment, you can learn how your smile will benefit from orthodontic care. Call today to schedule your consultation appointment right away.