Keeping your little one healthy can be a full-time job, especially in cold and flu season. Once your child begins attending school, it seems they bring home germs on a daily basis. Though most colds and viruses are practically harmless, there are some signs you will need to be aware of so you will know when you need to contact the pediatricians in Dexter, MO. By calling when you see these signs, you can help to protect your child’s health.
1. If your child has nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, this is most likely a stomach virus, sometimes called stomach flu. If your child cannot keep any liquids down, is running a high fever or has bloody diarrhea, he or she needs to be seen by the pediatricians in Dexter, MO right away.
2. Though a sore throat can occur with a cold or other types of viruses, it should not be overlooked when it is accompanied by a fever over 101. If your child is exhibiting these symptoms, his or her throat will need to be swabbed and checked for strep throat.
3. If your child seems to be having difficulty getting over a cold and their mucus is yellow and greenish, this could be a sign of a sinus infection. Sinus infections need to be treated with antibiotics.
4. When your child develops a rash, it is always a good idea to have them checked by the doctor. Though it could simply be a minor allergic reaction, it could also be a sign of a serious injury
5. Chest colds can sometimes turn into something more serious. If your child has a wheezing cough and is complaining of pain in the chest, pneumonia must be ruled out. Your child’s doctor will need to listen to his or her breathing and take X-rays to ensure there is no pneumonia present.
Anytime you are not sure of what is going on with your child’s health, do not hesitate to contact the pediatrician. If your child is in need of medical services through a pediatrician, visit MissouriDelta.com. They can care for all of your child’s medical needs so they can stay healthy.