Moving from one location to another can be stressful and exhausting. No matter whether you are moving across town or to a different state, there are so many things that need to be done. In order to not get overwhelmed it is best to make a list of everything that needs to be done. This will help you stay organized in the weeks leading up to the move and ensure your sanity throughout the whole process.
Come Up with a Plan
The best way to organize your move is to plan which things need to be done in order to ensure your move runs as smoothly as possible
* Two Months Out – when you are two months out from your move day it may seem like you have a lot of time to get everything done but you will be amazed at how fast the time will fly. This is when you need to secure your moving company in New Orleans to ensure that they can take care of you during your move. They will want to come and see the home and everything that needs to be moved. Schedule a time and discuss your moving needs in detail. Get a clear and precise estimate on moving costs that details everything you will be moving and the full service you will receive.
* Six Weeks Out – Call your utility providers to schedule your shut off day. Fill out the change of address form with the post office and let your bank, insurance companies and other important contacts know that you will be moving and supply them with your new address. Begin sorting through your belongings to decide what you want to keep and what you want to get rid of.
* Four Weeks Out – Continue sorting through your belongings to weed out the things you don’t want. Have a yard sale if possible or donate items that you no longer want.
* Two Weeks Out – Take some time to say goodbye to your family and friends. Confirm your moving plans to be sure everything is on schedule. If you are driving to your new destination take your vehicle in for a tune up. Book any necessary hotels and grab some fun things for the kids to do in the car to keep them occupied and happy.
* 1 Week Out – Take care of last minute details.
* Moving Day – Wait for the movers to arrive to load up your things. Knowing that the movers will take care of all of your possessions will give you the freedom to relax as you begin the exciting journey to your new home.