Suffering a personal injury can be an experience that is devastating to you and your family. Not only does it mean the potential loss of income, but it very well could also mean a loss of health and happiness. Here are a few tips to remember when a personal injury claim will be filed:
1. Go to the hospital immediately to get medical help. Never try to file a claim without first seeking medical attention from a professional. Failure to seek medical attention can result in a lower monetary judgment.
2. File a report with the police. This ensures that you have a proper and detailed record of all events and parties involved. A police report may be used in court when the time comes.
3. Try not to say too much to other parties at the scene. There is no legal obligation to explain the situation to witnesses or bystanders. This could serve to complicate matters and create conflicts.
4. Keep detailed and accurate records when it comes to any expenses or medical bills. If the injury causes you to miss any time from work, remember to keep records of that as well. These could all add to the potential settlement.
5. Never negotiate with an insurance company on your own. You will want to hire an experienced Injury Lawyer Sparks NV to handle any paperwork coming in from insurance companies. Despite what they may claim, they do not have your best interests in mind. Click here for more details.
6. Never sign any papers without thoroughly understanding them. Even better, hire a personal injury lawyer to handle this for you.
The best thing to do when first experiencing a personal injury is to hire an aggressive Injury Lawyer Sparks NV. One of the most experienced is the Houston & Lyon Injury Law Center. Whether an injury is from an auto accident, a fall, or even dog bites, they can help you get the money that you deserve. When you suffer a personal injury, time is of the essence, and there are deadlines for filing that must be met or you may forfeit some of your rights. Call them today and schedule a free consultation.