Many homeowners may experience problems with their water main line throughout their homeownership. Seeking the services of a professional for Water Line Repair in Bellingham WA is important to ensure the line does not have future problems. Common problems may include the following:
- Holes or cracks. Holes or cracks will begin to develop because of external corrosion from frost or soil.
- Break. Because water lines are under significant amounts of pressure, it can eventually lead to the line breaking. A break in the line causes water to flow out of the pipe into the surface level of the home. Breaks in a water line may lead to contaminated water within the home and therefore any water should not be ingested until the break is repaired.
- Leaks. Water main lines may have a leak that is hard to detect; however, there are a few signs that homeowners can look for that serve as an indication of a leak in the line. Signs may include water in the street or yard, wet spots near sinks, toilets and tubs, damp drywall, low water pressure, and high water bills.
It is critical that a homeowner hire a plumbing service for their water line repair in Bellingham WA to avoid contributing to the damages. The following tips below will help to ensure the homeowner has made the best decision.
- Ask for references. Reputable companies should be able to provide a list of recent customers to contact. It is important to contact these references as they can provide the pros and cons associated with hiring a particular company.
- Verify that the company is licensed, bonded and insured. Every plumber should be licensed as part of the state requirements. While licensing bond requirements vary from state to state, each company should have liability insurance to cover any incidents that may occur.
- Be sure to ask the company for their address and phone number if they are not visible. Those who cannot provide a legitimate address and any contact information, may not have the proper qualifications to service the water line.
A broken water main can cause large amounts of damage to a home and property if not repaired in a timely manner. It is important that a homeowner is prepared with a reliable company if the need comes. For more information contact us today.