Answering the question of what the standard window tint is for a vehicle is more complicated than it might initially seem. The reason for that is because different counties and states have laws relating to how dark your tint is allowed to be by law. However, it’s still an important question to consider, especially with so many different reasons for choosing to tint your windows. It just may be different than someone else’s answered based solely on your location.
Legal Window Tinting Limits
If you are looking for auto window tinting services in Orange Park, there are a few things you need to know. We’ll break this information down by type of car, as some of the laws are specific to sedans or SUVs.
- On the front windshield, a non-reflective tint is allowed as long as it is above the AS-1 line from the manufacturer.
- The front side windows are required to let in at last 28% of light; they may not be more than 25% reflective.
- The rear side windows must allow a minimum of 15% light in; they must not be more than 35% reflective.
- The back windshield must also let in at least 15% of light.
Vans and SUV Vehicles
- The front windshield may have non-reflective tint above the AS-1 line from the manufacturer.
- The front side window must allow in at least 28% of light, must also not be more than 25% reflective.
- For the side back windows, darkness can be applied at 6 inches from the top of the window and must be no more than 35% reflective.
- The back windshield must also be applied 6 inches from the top of the window.
Most Common Window Tinting Reasons
There are a handful of common reasons that individuals choose to have auto window tinting services in Orange Park done. The first, and probably most common, is to add extra privacy to the vehicle. This helps keep the contents of your car out of the eyesight of people passing by it. Another reason relates to the lower temperatures that tinting can facilitate. Tinting also protects from ultraviolet rays. Beyond that, some people enjoy the aesthetic effects of having a tinted window.
Auto Window Tinting Services in Orange Park
If you are considering having your vehicle windows tinted, Advanced Window Tinting can assist you. We’d be happy to help you decide what would work best for your car. You can find out more by visiting us at www.AWTJax.com.