Opossum Removal can be a pain and a huge hassle for the homeowner who is trying to get rid of one. The one thing that you do want to remember is that these are not furry, playful little creatures that live in the backyard and can cause you no harm. If you decide to try and remove an opossum from your yard, you will want to use extra caution and be sure to wear long sleeves, gloves, and jeans to keep from being clawed.
Of course, the best thing to do is to call in Animal control in Columbus OH to take care of the problem for you. If for any reason you are bitten or clawed during the time that it takes to remove an opossum from your property, you will need to seek medical attention right away. There are also some tips that you might want to know to prevent the opossums from invading your property to begin with. Read on below for a few of them.
Modifications to the Opossum’s Habitat
- You will want to refrain from leaving pet food outside overnight. This is an invitation for the opossum to come and eat its fill, which it will do every night afterwards if you let it.
- Remove any spilled birdseed from the feeder and the surrounded areas.
- Remove any brush or piles of trash you may have laying around on the outside of your home.
- You will want to store firewood and other items away from buildings and fences on your property and make sure that you keep wood at least a foot off the ground.
Other Things to Try
- After you call in Animal control in Columbus OH, to prevent further opossums from coming on your property you will want to keep the lids on outside trash cans on tightly and the areas around them clean.
- Make sure that there are no holes or spaces under sheds and garages that the opossum can take shelter in.
These are just a few of the things that you can try to prevent an opossum from taking up residence on your property. If you suspect that you have one however, it is best to call in Animal control in Columbus OH to take care of the problem for you or Visit: The Wildlife Control Company, Inc
1 person likes this post.