Camping conjures up various images for different people. For some, it is the latest in luxury tents. Others look fondly back to the small pull or large family tents they put up when they were younger. For some, camping is not a stationary event. It is a movable feast involving hiking and, if they bring along a friend, they need the best 2 person backpacking tent they can find.
What Is a Backpacking Tent?
A backpacking tent is a tent that is designed to be carried by a single person with ease as they hike or trek their ways across the country that may vary wildly in its terrain.
What Is a 2 Person Backpacking Tent?
A 2 person backpacking tent is simply a tent designed to sleep two people. Like the best of backpacking tents, it is meant to be carried with ease over any terrain and set up easily in the worst of weather.
Characteristics of the Best 2 Person Backpacking Tent
It is never easy to choose the right type of tent. It becomes more complicated when it comes to a 2 person backpacking tent. Even though you have narrowed down the kind of tent you are looking for, there are still many examples available on the market from which to choose. It becomes imperative that you see the models available, usually distinguished by the number 2 attached to the end of the name/model, with a clear idea of what you want and need.
Look specifically at:
* Weight: How much does the tent weigh? Can you carry the packed tent quickly and for certain distances? If not, are there lighter models that offer the same durability and protection?
* Weather Proof: What kind of weather may/will you encounter? Can this 2 person backpacking tent withstand it?
* Season: Are you planning on using the tent for one, two, three or all seasons. Make sure you look at the tents accordingly and find one that you will be able to get the most use of during the time you camp out.
* Space: How much space does this tent afford? Is it suitable for two people or is it going to be a very tight and uncomfortable fit? Remember, your two persons may not meet the definition of two people supposed by the manufacturer.
* Price: be sure you understand the basic price of a 2 person backpacking tent. Compare what is available with your budget. Go online and visit retailers to find deals that will allow you to have the best for less.
If you plan to go backpacking for a weekend or a month with a friend or partner, be sure you bring the right equipment. Your sleeping bag is one important element. Your backpack is another. The significant third part of the camping equation is your tent. If you want to make the most of your time and expend the least of it on hauling, setting up and taking down your shelter, make sure you purchase the best 2 person backpacking tent possible on your budget.